Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person
Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions: An Eight-Week Online Course
NEXT COURSE BEGINS September 2018
As an HSP psychotherapist and author of Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person: Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions, my mission is to help HSPs thrive. I developed this online global course as a space for HSPs to work through the 8-week program together, and with the addition of my guidance along the way in a supportive, nurturing space. Working through the program with other HSPs feels very connecting and validating.
About this Course
HSPs often live in an overwhelming tornado storm, the brain overloaded by emotional and sensory input. Being an “untrained” HSP is really hard. I want to turn you into a “trained” HSP, one that knows how to navigate the emotional brain and who trusts the tools necessary to live the life you deserve. Also, if you work with HSPs in your profession, or have highly sensitive children, you will love learning these tools to pass onto them!
Come join other HSPs in an online, self-paced, nurturing, and positive course that includes specific HSP brain training material backed by research, all taught by an HSP psychotherapist.
Ready to transform your life? In less than an hour or two a week, you will begin to feel the benefits of this training. Your family and friends will notice a happier, more centered, and balanced version of YOU.
What can you gain from this course?
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety
- More control over your life and emotions
- Stress-reducing skills specifically designed for HSPs
- Ability to respond, rather than react, to emotional experiences
- Increased self-esteem and self-worth
- Increased energy
- Capacity to free yourself from intense, out-of-control sensory overload
- Better sleep
- Real, lasting self-acceptance and self-love
- Knowledge about new neuroscience and research that addresses the true differences in your HSP brain
Click HERE to read what other highly sensitive people (HSPs) had to say about taking the course.
Week 1: Creating Brain Space and Filling up the Positives
Week 2: Limbic System and Neural Pathway Training
Week 3: Practicing Self Care and Self Compassion
Week 4: Compassionate Exploration to Lower Stress Levels
Week 5: Identifying Your Emotional Triggers and Learning How to Bypass and Get Out of Your Limbic System
Week 6: Identifying Sensory Triggers and Accommodations
Week 7: Accessing the Positive Superpowers of Being an HSP
Week 8: Conclusion: Living Well and Authentically as an HSP
The very first step is to understand your trait fully. There are particular differences in an HSP brain that make you the way you are. Understanding these differences helps us start in week one of our course. It is because of those big differences that we need to do some extra training in our emotional brains, and that's what we will start to learn in week two. In week three, we dive deep into what it really means to practice self-care and how it is one of the essential pieces to our well-being as HSPs.
Compassionately exploring our internal experiences helps us gain a deeper understanding of ourselves, and that's what we explore in week four. Moving onto identifying emotional and sensory triggers in week five and six, we learn techniques that can help us get out of and even bypass our emotional overload! In week seven, we spend time with all the amazing gifts and benefits that exist as an HSP, and discover how you can now access them to live your best, authentic self in our final week eight.
About the Instructor
Julie Bjelland is a psychotherapist that specializes in the highly sensitive person and is the author of several books and global courses for HSPs. Julie coaches HSPs globally, is an HSP consultant to other therapists, teaches workshops, and serves on the advisory council of the Global Cooperative for Sensitive Leaders. Her passion is in neuroscience and determining how to successfully train the highly sensitive brain so HSPs can live their best lives and thrive.
1. Every Sunday, you will receive an email that has reflections for the week and gives you a link and password to that week’s reading material (or you can use the book if you prefer printed material). Most HSPs tell me they appreciate that the course is not overwhelming at all. Much of the work in this course is internal reflection as we grow new neural pathway sprouts together. The reading material guides you to do that.
It is a self-paced course and has no video or audio. Students say this is a benefit that makes the course feel restorative rather than draining since you are not taking in both auditory and visual sensory input. It's quiet. As HSPs, we are exposed to so much sensory input all the time that I purposefully keep this as a reading and writing only course. You also get to be in your pajamas if you like because no one can see you! :)
2. Once you read the week's materials, you will be guided to start some discussions about your reflections for the week on our private course Facebook page with the other HSPs in the course. One of the comments I hear the most is that every course has felt very safe and supportive. We are, after all, a group of kind, compassionate people with so many of the same experiences. Students always tell me how great it is to find their "tribe" in this course. This is a secret Facebook page where only the members of the course can see your posts. I use Facebook because the majority of students are familiar with it's format. I usually have a class size of about five to eight people so that allows me to offer a lot of individual attention.
There are no "live" discussions unless you happen to be posting at the same time as another HSP in the course. This allows us to participate whenever it is convenient, and time zones are not an issue for this global course. I do want us to stay in the same week, so I usually encourage students to start posting discussions early in the week.
Overall, it's a really special experience that offers a lot of positive life transformations. Read what other students have said about the course, and you will see how beautiful this experience is when we complete it together. Come join your tribe.
$299 for 8-weeks, including weekly material to teach you the tools to train your brain to live optimally. Additionally, you will get extra support and guidance from me, an HSP psychotherapist that specializes in working with this trait, and lifetime connections with other HSP course participants. This ability to connect and share with other HSPs and discuss the brain tools we are creating together provides a wonderful, deeper sense of support through the process.
An additional benefit of this course is that I keep my class size a little smaller (usually less than 10), so I can really offer a lot of individual contributions during the eight weeks to help participants explore their life and their goals through support and encouragement. This course is meant for people who really want to explore themselves deeply with me as their guide.
I want HSPs to have the right tools to live their best lives. It's great you are seeking resources and tools to live your best. You deserve to live optimally as an HSP!
After Course Completion: Course "graduates" gain free access to a special, ongoing HSP Facebook group to continue to share and connect exclusively with graduates after course completion! Imagine having a space to connect with conscious, caring, like-minded HSPs who have completed the eight-week program. This group is a wonderful ongoing space for connections, friendships, support, encouragement, etc.
NEXT COURSE STARTS September 2018
Are you ready to make positive life changes in this stage of your journey?
Sign up now to reserve your space in this transformational course to train your HSP brain and live your best life!