The Highly Sensitive Person: An interview about the trait with Julie Bjelland, LMFT
Learn more about the highly sensitive person trait (also known as sensory processing sensitivity). In this podcast, Dr Lourdes Viado interviews psychotherapist and author Julie Bjelland who specializes in the highly sensitive person (HSP).
Here's a link to the podcast interview:
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What compelled Julie to write her new book Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person: Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions
- The definition of high sensitivity
- Unique challenges of HSPs and
- The correlation between high sensitivity and health issues
- The importance of self-care for highly sensitive persons
- The neuroscience/research on high sensitivity
- Techniques that HSPs can use to manage their high sensitivity
Julie Bjelland specializes in working with the highly sensitive person (HSP), anxiety, couple’s communication, self-esteem, and the LGBTQ community.
Her passion and expertise is in neuroscience and determining how to successfully train the brain so people can live their best lives. Her most recent book Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person: Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions, has received beautiful reviews from world-renowned psychologists Tara Brach, PhD, Rick Hanson, PhD, and Ted Zeff, PhD.
As a licensed psychotherapist in California, Julie enjoys working with clients in her private practice and continues to expand her work by developing online brain-training courses; coaching the highly sensitive person globally; supervising interns; serving as a consultant to mental health professionals; working with parents of highly sensitive children; and serving on the advisory council for global sensitive leaders.
Julie loves her work and uses her deeply intuitive and empathetic abilities to truly connect with clients and students and to support them in getting to know and celebrate their authentic selves. It’s beautiful to be a part of the change that helps people live remarkably better lives.
Instructor for: HSP Online Course