The Highly Sensitive Mother with Julie Bjelland, LMFT-A Podcast
Julie Bjelland is a licensed psychotherapist and author of several books, including, Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person: Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions.
In addition to her private practice, Julie also developed and teaches innovative online global brain-training courses for the “Highly Sensitive Person” (HSP) trait; is a consultant and supervisor to other therapists; teaches workshops; coaches HSPs globally; and consults with parents regarding their highly sensitive children.
Recognized for her expertise in the Sensory Processing Sensitivity trait, she is a featured guest expert on Dr. Rick Hanson’s Foundation of Well-Being Program.
Her passion is helping people live their best lives and thrive. Julie also specializes in working with anxiety, communication training, self-esteem, and the LGBTQQ community.
Julie is an HSP herself and the mother of two highly sensitive children.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
• What is the trait of high sensitivity?
• How highly sensitive people process things differently than a non-sensitive person
• Why prioritizing finding time for self-care is so important for highly sensitive mothers
• The things HSP moms can do to re-energize throughout their day
• How a positive, supportive environment is essential when both mother and child are highly sensitive
• The ways an HSP mom can approach raising a non-sensitive child
15% off discount code for Julie’s courses to reduce anxiety and overwhelming emotions: an 8-week program.
Past episodes mentioned: