9. Additional Resources
- HSP Friendly Careers This is a compilation of careers HSPs reported as fulfilling from a poll from my HSP Facebook page.
Neuroplasticity (Rewiring the brain)
- Online Course: HSP Brain Training: Tools to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions
- These Gratitude Journals can help you build up the part of your brain that feels calm, peaceful, and positive.
- Rick Hanson is a best selling author and has some very interesting teachings incorporating neuroplasticity with a spiritual twist: http://www.rickhanson.net/
- http://www.wisebrain.org/ (psychology, neurology, and contemplative practice).
Blending Psychology and Spirituality
- Tara Brach’s teachings blend Western psychology and Eastern spiritual practices, mindful attention to our inner life, and a full, compassionate engagement with our world. https://www.tarabrach.com/
- Build closeness and increase your connection in your relationship through these Appreciation Journals
- For couples and communication, I recommend The Gottman Method that I use when working with couples. It is an excellent positive-based method, and the communication training is based on over 40 years of researching couples!
- The Five Love Languages, I recommend couples take this free, quick quiz online to discover what your love languages are so you know how to fill up your partners love tank.
- Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find - and Keep - Love by Amir Levine
Lourdes Viado, PhD, MFT who is also an HSP, offers podcast interviews you may enjoy that explore women's lives in depth. Listen to Julie's interview about the trait of high sensitivity.
- Julie Bjelland, LMFT offers LGBTQ friendly services.
- Gaylesta: The Psychotherapist Association for Gender and Sexual Diversity, a non-profit organization focused on LGBTQ mental health.
- Our Family Coalition "advances equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) families with children through support, education, and advocacy."
Lesbian/Queer Women: Dating and Love
- The Conscious Girlfriend website and book uses a conscious, sensitive approach, and offers great tools for lesbian and queer women for dating and keeping relationships strong.
Transgender and Gender Non-conforming
- Dara Hoffman-Fox is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a gender therapist who offers some great resources and support for transgender and gender non-conforming individuals: