5. Raising Highly Sensitive Children
Books for Raising Highly Sensitive Children
- Brain Training for the Highly Sensitive Person, Techniques to Reduce Anxiety and Overwhelming Emotions by Julie Bjelland, LMFT is good for parents to learn tools for themselves and their sensitive child.
- The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine Aron is good for parents and even for your child's teacher.
- The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child (Positive Reinforcement works well for HSCs).
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children (Not specifically for HSC, but helpful)
- Emotion Coaching: The Heart of Parenting Program, by John & Julie Gottman.
Podcasts About Raising Highly Sensitive Children
Websites for Raising Highly Sensitive Children
- The Highly Sensitive Child Maureen is a mom to highly sensitive children and offers some great perspectives and support you may relate to and find helpful if you are also raising sensitive children.